Festive fears and hopeful feelings

There are a few little achievements that I have accomplished in my three years since taking back the reins to my life. 


 Infact, they are big achievements, held in small hands, that once only looked like tiny fantastical dreams, viewed from rose coloured spectacles.

 I am remembering them this Christmas to add some magic and self belief to my holiday season.

 Festive feelings don't always come along so easily these days with an anxious mind, but recording every accomplishment no matter how small, reminds me that we're always moving forward - even if we feel emotionally stuck. 

I hope it may inspire you to notice even the tinest of achievements in your own life. They matter so much.

I am grateful because, 

 * I have kept writing and writing and writing, hopeful that these little steps will allow me to support myself from my words.
* I have baked - a new love I've discovered.
* I have completed three home study courses.
* I have not lost hope that I will be well one day.
*I have kept my horses cared for.
* And I have reached out to new people who I can now call friends - something I have never done before.

 These are a handful of things which were once mere quiet ideals scribbled in my favourite notebook. . .

Writing down our hopes can seem whimsical and rather like mindful escapism at times - but there is so much power in it. It is not a wasted activity but truly a trail of bread crumbs sprinkled for us to follow - if and when we're ready. 

 I hope that whatever this Christmas brings you, you'll find little moments within that allow you to cheer yourself on. 

 We all deserve to accomplish the things that make us happy. Even the smallest goals that help us get to where we want to be. 

I understand feeling so small that you wonder how on earth you'll ever get through. I promise there is a way. Baby steps with the tinest of everyday dreams and you'll get there. Things have a way of being put right in the end. 


I record these small moments in admiration of the Little Women and Railway children.  Wrapping up the simplest of things, even thoughts, in paper bags and string, to protect for safe keeping, always.

Hold on Friends,

&

Merry Christmas with love,
 xxx 


Comments

Popular Posts