Nostalgic August and Simple Adventures

Wildflower meadow mornings
Planning, dreaming, believing and creating was my fuel 3 years ago as I stepped away from what I knew into the uncertain world of 'what now' . . . 
Summer arrives with warm air and soft breezes settling in for the holidays. Structure and time fade away, long days reign and late nights become common practise as the sun stays as long as it can in the evening sky. 

I'm quietly reminded of 3 years ago. When summer was carefree and hopeful. . . 

Sometimes I find myself using these memories as my anchor. If I go off couse, I know where to aim again. To a time when slow simplicity was ever present.

 But, what I don't want to go back to, is how things felt in that time . . . Happiness did not land in our hearts that summer. Worry was a companion and choices led us down twisty paths, that didn't feel homeward bound at all. 

But the summer time was golden. The meadow more glorious than ever and the faith that we could gather ourselves up and carry on, unbreakable. 

And we did. . . . We have. We are.

This summer, dare I say, is finally starting to create it's own magic in us all once more.
 There will be trials and stumbling blocks, but I think we know just how to navigate those now. 

Here's to our new August memory making. . . 

I'm looking forward to writing this chapter - and planning, dreaming, believing and creating once more.

Summer holiday Aunty adventures 

What does August mean to you? 






Comments

Popular Posts