Live the life you love

There's an underlying sadness I find in a New Year coming and going. We will not live 2017 again, it has come and gone and carried us to where we are now . . . But, there is also something very special about that. It is a timely reminder I feel at how precious life is, and how important every day is, every moment we fill, every new chapter we take - it all counts for something as we each leave footprints upon the world and colour in its pages in our own unique way - united. 




2017 was the year my designs for living the life I love became my reality. I began to set those carefully crafted designs into place, and began making them part of my day.

I reached out of my comfort zone and put myself out into the world a little more than I would normally do - but I did it in a way which felt 'right' for me, with a goal that had been hand picked from my own designing process.

It's amazing how when you're true to yourself and your own path, the right people find you and join you to walk it too.

I spent most of my early twenties thinking I had to please everyone around me. I questioned what right I had to make my dreams a priority. I put myself in the position of making every one else's life easier and whilst I learnt a lot through it all, my mind and heart ended up breaking into a confusing puzzle, which I've spent the last year putting back together again.

We have to earn a living. We have to support ourselves. But we cannot live unhappily for too long because we will surely break and lose our dreams, no matter what they are.

So, in the spirit of intentional living, I encourage you with all my energy to dig deep and start designing for 2018.

Design your way forwards and even if you get stumbling blocks along the way, always come back to your path,  re group and begin again.

It's wonderful what can happen when you give yourself a chance . . .

My old tattered copy of Little Women sit's on my desk with some beautiful life affirming knowledge within, ready to absorb if I get a little stuck along the way.

I am not a natural 'go getter' by nature. My comfort zone is my friend and I very rarely leave it's security.  .  . But if I can step out of it to set my dreams in motion,  on the odd occasion, I just know that you can too.

Happy 2018.


*

Ps. My dream that I am living is right here . .  Bridie's Meadow

Comments

Popular Posts