Pockets of sunshine


Even before slow living and finding a mindfulness moment in the everyday, became such popular and 'on trend' ways of living our lives. . . I think I always did my best to be that way without even realising it? 

Rushing around, frantic, hectic and full of 'everything' we have to get done,  would send me into a tailspin of worry, panic and mental exhaustion. 

My body and mind just could not exist like that. Despite the old faithful motto of 'women are multi taskers' I am afraid to say, I am not that woman! 

I am a 'focus on one task - and do it well then move on to the next ' type soul! 

So, this is a little post about following your own path and knowing that it's good enough. We're all unique and it's that which makes life so colourful. 

It's very easy to not be able to hear your own voice in the busy hustle and loud bustle of everyday. But it will be there. Quietly guiding you towards what is right and wrong. 

There are a few ways to listen out for it and a few ways to trust it if you get stuck . . . 

( I speak as a trainee of Solution - focused Therapy - ) 

1. Notice how you feel. Is it a physical sensation. Or emotional. What is it telling you? 

2. Is there any truth in it? Is it justified? Just a thought passing through. Or is it a niggle that somethings not right. Take note!

3. Mindful Breathing does quieten the mind. You'll hear better. I promise. Just pause a moment. 

4. What 'feels' right for you? Think and feel before deciding . . . The answer will arrive!

5. Do what you love, often. It strengthens your positive state of mind. This gives you clarity in decision making and trusting your yourself. 


*



' Always carry a pocketful of sunshine . . . Just for you. . . You'll be surprised how it lights everone' else up too. And when it's shining bright, try not to doubt that you're worthy of it just as much ' 


 I hope your January has been a kind one?  

Comments

Popular Posts