A hopeful summer with notebook in hand. . .



I stumbled upon some old photographs a few days ago. They brought back some precious yet bittersweet memories of a time not so long ago, when I held the map to where my plans would settle into the Earth and become reality. 

In truth, making the plans is the easy part. Bringing them to life is the challenge. But, putting this down on my blog, I set an intention for myself this summer. Alongside nursing my horses through illness, practicing self kindness and care and supporting whoever needs a hand to hold, I am going to keep writing. 

It began when I realised I had become gripped by Anxiety each time I tried to set pen to paper, or type words upon a blank screen. 

Writing was my refuge. My little self belief system. But I confess to looking through my diaries of plans, thoughts and aspirations and wondering wherever I should turn. . . 

My hope for Summer is that I can begin to take back a little more control of the things that try to steal my joy. 

I do not declare it from the roof tops on many occasions but I struggle intensely with Agoraphobia. If it weren't for the one journey I make each day to tend to my horses, I would not see the world much at all. 

Writing became my anchor . . .

Writing, creating and working the patch of  acres my ponies call home has been such a comfort to me. Writing allows me to speak as I wish I could to others, without flustering and fumbling my words too much. Without the intense fear it brings. My hope to is bring this light and love for writing back into my everyday. Maybe even share it so much more. 

Starting from now, during this beautiful summer, my writing is going to make itself at home again . . . 

*


Artist unknown - but it's worth so much praise


*

Comments

Popular Posts