In the stillness of June




I write to hold on tight to what I cherish so much in my day and life.  
I write to feel like I am speaking to a loving friend who always knows the loveliest things to say. 
Yet, as the summer months begin to open up for us all, the blogs I keep, the words I type, the thoughts I have, are clouded into pockets of self doubt that I struggle to break free from. 

You too? 

Recently, I have felt so gently reminded as the days roll round, that there doesn't need to be a struggle weighing our shoulders down. . .  

You see, 

Self doubt, although uncomfortable, is not an enemy, it is a fear.

Self doubts protection mechanism is caught up in wanting to ensure we make it out the other side. A timely reminder that something could hurt us here if we step out into the unknown. 

Yet, in the familiar waters of feeling trapped and paralysed by fear, we can also remember one tiny little fact to loosen the grasp. 

This part of us where fear resides, continually looks out for our safety and welfare - and it is always with us. On our side. Doing the job it thinks it should. 

Be careful, don't do that now, they may judge you.  .  . 

This little voice is just trying to keep you in her arms where she can predict the outcome and manage any difficulties. 

Sometimes, this role of course is taken too seriously!

But in the stillness of our quiet moments we can often find a balance with this persuasive self doubt.

 After all, she does want you to succed really. 

 Just maybe, self doubt is the little, lost parts of ourselves that were never applauded?

In the stillness of June, maybe it's time to show her that, actually, she can relax a little bit now and let us take back the reins for a beautiful summer time ahead.

I am hoping so. There is room for belief too.  🌿




Comments

Popular Posts